DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.® BLU-U®
- Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator is FDA approved for treating actinic keratoses (AKs) and acne.
- While AKs have traditionally been treated with cryotherapy (freezing), a newer alternative method of treatment – photodynamic therapy, involving application of a chemical photosensitizer (Levulan® Kerastick®) and exposure to blue light. The area will become red, raw and uncomfortable right after treatment but will typically heal within 10 days with outstanding results.
- BLU-U Blue Light treatments penetrate into the dermal layer of skin destroying the bacteria that cause acne lesions without harming the surface skin cells. When the skin is exposed to the BLU-U, the blue light enters the sebaceous glands that harbor the bacteria. In turn the sebaceous glands create oxygen molecules that then destroy the bacteria and help the healing process. With the bacteria gone, the skin begins to heal
Omnilux Revive ®
- Omnilux Revive™biomodulates fibroblast activity, leading to faster and more efficient collagen synthesis. In other words it uses the same natural processes the body uses to battle the effects of aging as well as enhancing and extending the effects of skin care products. Suitable for both men and women, it is a non-invasive light therapy treatment that reduces the appearance of the visible signs of skin ageing. It is neither a laser nor an IPL treatment. Omnilux Revive™ was developed after many years of medical research. It delivers pure, narrow-band light via a matrix of purpose built LEDs (Light Emitting Diode) carefully positioned to ensure a uniform beam. The activation of photoacceptors is achieved with non-thermal light with no sub-dermal insult or damage to the tissue as seen with other light based therapy. The scientifically designed, patent-protected light source does not produce any harmful UVA, UVB or infra-red light.
- Many clients notice immediate effects with the first treatment. The first signs you will notice are a clearer, brighter and smoother complexion. The result is mainly dependent on your skin type, current skin condition and environmental and lifestyle factors. Each session will take approximately 30 minutes with 20 minutes of that being under the light. There is no recovery time with Omnilux Revive.